POBNEWS24, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Aug 21, 2026 : The Immigration Department (JIM) of Malaysia has discovered an alleged sex trade ring operating with foreign women in Kuala Lumpur. 26 people, including a Bangladeshi-Thai couple, have been arrested in this incident.
Authorities believe that a local man among the arrested men worked as a ‘captain’ or security guard of the establishment. They were arrested in a raid in the Kuchai Lama and Jalan Gelugor areas last Wednesday night.
The raid, which began at around 10:50 pm that night, was conducted by a team of officers of various ranks from the Intelligence and Special Operations Branch of the Immigration Department headquarters in Putrajaya. The raid was carried out after two weeks of intelligence surveillance.
On Thursday (August 20), the Director-General of the Immigration Department of Malaysia, Datuk Zakaria Shaban, said that the 26 arrested men were between the ages of 18 and 35. They include a Bangladeshi man, a Thai woman, a Malaysian man, three Myanmar men, three Bangladeshi women, 14 Indonesian women, two Vietnamese women and a Myanmar woman.
He said initial investigations showed that none of the detained foreigners had valid travel documents or passes to stay in Malaysia.
Four Bangladeshi, one Thai and one Indonesian passports were seized during the operation. In addition, mobile phones, condoms and RM1,215 in cash obtained from the alleged activities were also seized.
Zakaria Shaban said that based on intelligence information, it was known that two residential and commercial establishments were being used to conduct immoral activities with foreign women. Customers were attracted to the residential establishments through social media, especially targeting Bangladeshis living in the Klang Valley.
He said the alleged ringleaders controlled the movement of workers and kept their passports with them. The residential establishment was operated secretly to avoid the attention of law enforcement.
On the other hand, the commercial establishment was controlled by a local person. It is believed that he served as a ‘captain’ there.
The Director General of the Immigration Department said that customers were charged 200 ringgit for 60 minutes at the residential establishment. And 260 to 400 ringgit for 90 minutes at the commercial establishment. Investigation revealed that the gang had been operating this activity for about two months.
Zakaria Shaban said that action is being taken against the detained foreign couple and a local person under Section 56(1)(d) of the Immigration Act 1959/63 for offences. The other foreigners have been detained under Section 6(1)(c) of the same act. The detainees have been taken to the Immigration Office for further legal action.





