Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Bangla
Follow Us
Pob News 24
POBNEWS24 | The Politics of Bangladesh online Version | Reg No: 26/98
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • International
  • Sports
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Information & Technology
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • International
  • Sports
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Information & Technology
No Result
View All Result
Pob News 24
Bangla
No Result
View All Result
Home International

22 Israelis killed as Hamas launches surprise attack

pobnews24 by pobnews24
October 7, 2023
in International
0
22 Israelis killed as Hamas launches surprise attack
0
SHARES
28
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on WhatsApp

POBNEWS24, Desk report Dhaka Oct 7, 2023 : The Palestinian armed group Hamas has launched the largest attack on Israel in years, infiltrating areas in the south of the country following a barrage of more than 2,000 rockets fired from the Gaza Strip that killed at least 22 Israelis and wounded hundreds, local media reported, citing medical workers.

Israel’s Defence Minister Yoav Gallant warned Hamas that it had made a “grave mistake” in launching the attack, which began at 06:30am local time (03:30 GMT) on Saturday and involved barrages of rockets fired from multiple locations in Gaza as well as fighters infiltrating the Israeli border by land, sea and air.

“Citizens of Israel, we are at war,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a video message from military headquarters in Tel Aviv.

Mohammed Deif, a senior Hamas military commander, said earlier that the rocket fire marked the start of “Operation Al-Aqsa Flood”, and he called on Palestinians everywhere to fight the Israeli occupation.

“We’ve decided to say enough is enough,” Deif said as he urged all Palestinians to confront Israel. “This is the day of the greatest battle to end the last occupation on Earth,” he said in an audio message.

Israel’s military told Israelis living around the Gaza Strip to stay in their homes and warned that Hamas will pay a “heavy price for its actions”.

Israeli media reported that Palestinian fighters had opened fire on passersby in the town of Sderot, in southern Israel, and footage circulating on social media appeared to show uniformed Palestinians engaged in clashes in the border area.

Another video on social media appeared to show a burning Israeli tank surrounded by jubilant Palestinians.

By late Saturday morning, Israeli warplanes had started to pound locations in Gaza – in what the military called “Operation Iron Swords” -and Israeli soldiers were engaged in ground fighting in several locations around the besieged Palestinian enclave.

“Right now we’re fighting. We’re fighting in certain locations around the Gaza Strip … our forces are now fighting on the ground,” Israel’s army spokesman Richard Hecht told reporters.

Witnesses in Gaza heard loud explosions and at least one person was reported killed in the first wave of Israeli air attacks, according to media reports.

The outbreak of major fighting between Israeli forces and Palestinian fighters comes after weeks of growing tensions along Israel’s volatile border with Gaza, and months of deadly clashes in the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

At least 247 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces so far this year, while 32 Israelis and two foreign nationals have been killed in Palestinian attacks.

Tor Wennesland, United Nations special coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, condemned “the multi-front assault against” Israeli towns and cities near Gaza, which he called “heinous attacks targeting civilians”.

“These events have resulted in horrific scenes of violence and many Israeli fatalities and injuries, with many believed to be kidnapped inside the Strip. These are heinous attacks targeting civilians and must stop immediately,” Wennesland said in a statement.

“I am deeply concerned for the well-being of all civilians. I am in close contact with all concerned to urge maximum restraint and call on all sides to protect civilians,” he said.

“This is a dangerous precipice and I appeal to all to pull back from the brink.”

In a statement posted on the Telegram messaging app earlier on Saturday, Hamas called on “the resistance fighters in the West Bank” as well as “our Arab and Islamic nations” to join the continuing fight.

Saleh al-Arouri, an exiled Hamas leader, said “Operation Al-Aqsa Flood” was a response “to the crimes of the occupation” and Palestinian fighters were defending their sacred site in occupied East Jerusalem.

Lebanon’s Hezbollah movement, which was founded in 1982 to fight the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon, said in a statement that it was following the events in Gaza closely and was in “direct contact with the leadership of the Palestinian resistance”.

Source: Al Jazeera and news agencies

Previous Post

Afghanistan set 157-run target for Bangladesh

Next Post

Versatile Miraz on right track to be next to Shakib Al Hasan

pobnews24

pobnews24

Next Post
Versatile Miraz on right track to be next to Shakib Al Hasan

Versatile Miraz on right track to be next to Shakib Al Hasan

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search

No Result
View All Result

News Categories

  • ACC
  • Analysis
  • Aviation
  • Bangladesh
  • BNP
  • Business & Economy
  • City
  • Climate & Envirnment
  • Columan
  • Commentary
  • Court
  • Court Report
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • Defense
  • Development
  • Diplomatic
  • District
  • Drug
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Exclusive
  • Finance
  • Food & Beverage
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • India
  • Information & Technology
  • International
  • Interview
  • Islamic life
  • ISPR
  • KOLKATA
  • MEDIA
  • Memory
  • Myanmar
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Parliament
  • Police
  • Politics
  • Power & Energy
  • Religion
  • Report
  • Rohingya
  • Rohingyas
  • SAARC
  • SCIENCE
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • UN
  • United Nations
  • United States
  • USAID
  • Women
  • Women Health
  • World
  • World Bank

Archives

  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • June 2023
  • May 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • December 2022
  • November 2022
  • October 2022
  • September 2022
  • August 2022
  • July 2022
  • June 2022
  • May 2022
  • April 2022
  • March 2022
  • February 2022
  • January 2022
  • December 2021
  • November 2021
  • October 2021
  • September 2021
  • August 2021
  • July 2021
  • June 2021
  • May 2021
  • April 2021
  • March 2021
  • February 2021
  • January 2021
  • December 2020
  • November 2020

Recent News

Buffalo named ‘Donald Trump’ in Bangladesh, crowd eager to see the warlord

Buffalo named ‘Donald Trump’ in Bangladesh, crowd eager to see the warlord

May 18, 2026
Indian High Commissioner Pranay Verma meets Bangladesh Home Minister and Law Minister separately

Pranay Verma has controlled the situation with a cool head and a smile during challenging times in Bangladesh

May 17, 2026
Qatar Labor Minister in Dhaka on Two-Day Visit

Qatar Labor Minister in Dhaka on Two-Day Visit

May 17, 2026
Child deaths due to measles in Bangladesh: Public health experts and doctors question the role of the administration

Child deaths due to measles in Bangladesh: Public health experts and doctors question the role of the administration

May 17, 2026
Attack on Hazrat Shah Ali (RA) shrine in Dhaka’s Mirpur, CPB demands punishment for those involved

Attack on Hazrat Shah Ali (RA) shrine in Dhaka’s Mirpur, CPB demands punishment for those involved

May 15, 2026

POB NEWS 24

Editor : MIR AFROZ ZAMAN
59, Sonargaon Janapath, Sector -7
Uttara Dhaka-1230 Bangladesh
Phone : 880248951749
Mobile: 88-01715819316
Email : afroz_zaman2001@yahoo.com
NewsDesk Email : unibangladesh7@gmail.com

Browse by Category

  • ACC
  • Analysis
  • Aviation
  • Bangladesh
  • BNP
  • Business & Economy
  • City
  • Climate & Envirnment
  • Columan
  • Commentary
  • Court
  • Court Report
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • Defense
  • Development
  • Diplomatic
  • District
  • Drug
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Exclusive
  • Finance
  • Food & Beverage
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • India
  • Information & Technology
  • International
  • Interview
  • Islamic life
  • ISPR
  • KOLKATA
  • MEDIA
  • Memory
  • Myanmar
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Parliament
  • Police
  • Politics
  • Power & Energy
  • Religion
  • Report
  • Rohingya
  • Rohingyas
  • SAARC
  • SCIENCE
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • UN
  • United Nations
  • United States
  • USAID
  • Women
  • Women Health
  • World
  • World Bank

Recent News

Buffalo named ‘Donald Trump’ in Bangladesh, crowd eager to see the warlord

Buffalo named ‘Donald Trump’ in Bangladesh, crowd eager to see the warlord

May 18, 2026
Indian High Commissioner Pranay Verma meets Bangladesh Home Minister and Law Minister separately

Pranay Verma has controlled the situation with a cool head and a smile during challenging times in Bangladesh

May 17, 2026

@ 2016-2020 All Rights Reserved POBNEWS24.NET

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • National
  • Politics
  • Business & Economy
  • International
  • Sports
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Information & Technology

@ 2016-2020 All Rights Reserved POBNEWS24.NET