POBNEWS24, Desk report Dhaka Mar 2, 2026 : Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday reached out to Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud and Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, as the Iranian retaliatory strikes on several Gulf nations escalated the widening conflict in the Middle East.
In separate conversations, PM Modi condemned the Iranian strikes on both Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. He also discussed the safety and well-being of the Indian community in both countries.
“Discussed the evolving situation in West Asia with Crown Prince and PM of Saudi Arabia, HRH Prince Mohammed bin Salman. India condemns the recent attacks on Saudi Arabia in violation of its sovereignty and territorial integrity. We agreed that earliest restoration of regional peace and stability is of utmost importance. I thanked him for looking after the well-being of the Indian community in these difficult times,” Modi said on X.
In another post, the Indian Prime Minister said that he had a “productive” telephone conversation with the King of Bahrain, Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa. “India condemns the attacks on Bahrain and stands in solidarity with its people in this difficult hour. I thank him for the steadfast support extended to the Indian community in Bahrain,” he added.
In response to the US and Israeli strikes, which killed its Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and several other top leaders, Iran has launched attacks on Israel and US targets in the region. Iranian missiles and drones struck US military bases in several Gulf countries, including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain.
Earlier on Sunday, PM Modi held a telephone conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, where he reiterated India’s call for an early cessation of all hostilities in the region to restore peace.
PM Modi also spoke with United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and condemned the Iranian strikes in the country.






